To enter our building you’ll need to book a free ticket in advance. Choose between two different ticket types depending on whether you are visiting the museum or the library.
Need to know about your library visit
What to bring
- Your ticket – on your phone is fine
- Your library card
- Your face covering – this will need to be worn for the duration of your visit.
You can still bring in your laptop, study materials and pencils in a clear plastic bag or carried, as normal. You can leave anything else in the lockers on level 2.
Please note that shared computers, printers and scanners won’t be available.
All ordered material will be delivered to the Rare Materials Room (RMR). You can visit the RMR once a week, and you will need to book the ticket in Eventbrite that indicates ‘material access’ in the Rare Materials Room. Please only book if you need it, as there is limited availability to allow for social distancing.
- Once you’ve booked your ticket, you can request up to 10 items from the library catalogue at wellcomecollection.org/collections.
- Place your request 72 hours before the day of your visit.
- The materials that you order will be available to collect at the time of your booked visit.
- Once you’ve finished viewing the materials, we’ll put them into quarantine for 72 hours.
You will be able to book library tickets up until 72 hours before the start of each time slot to make sure we can accommodate requests for materials.
You are assured three hours in the library from the start of your slot – you can spend as much time as you like in the rest of the building.
You will be able to access the open shelves, but when you have finished with your book, please place on a quarantine trolley. Please be aware that you will have to wait 72 hours before you can use that item again because it will be in quarantine.
- The accessible study room is available on request - please email the library before you book your ticket to make sure the room is available on the days you want to visit. We’re allowing one booking per day to ensure thorough cleaning before the next user.
- The Group Study Room will be closed, and group working desks in the Gallery will be reserved for one person only
Need to know about your ticket
- You can book a museum visit for up to six members of a household at a time, and a single ticket for a library visit. Please only visit once per week, as space is limited, and we want as many people to be able to visit as possible.
- It’s important that you arrive during your 15-minute slot or we may have to ask you to book another ticket.
- If you think you are not going to make your slot or change your mind about visiting, please cancel and rebook. Do not give your ticket to anyone else – we are collecting information for NHS Track and Trace.
- Please bring your ticket with you, if you can – on your phone is fine. You will have your ticket checked by our staff on arrival.
- Once you have left the building you cannot re-enter. This is so we can manage visitor numbers and allow plenty of space for social distancing.
- You will be able to book museum tickets up until 30 minutes before the start of each time slot.