Apply now to take part in a free project for 14 to 19-year-olds to create short digital games that will go on display in a future exhibition.
What we’re looking for
We’re looking for young people interested in gaming and game design to take part in our spring RawMinds project. You’ll get to work with a range of professional game designers to learn more about the stages involved in game development, and you’ll work in teams to create short digital games. These games will go on display in a big exhibition in Wellcome Collection in late 2019, so lots of people will be able to play what you create.
What you’ll get
You’ll develop a range of skills such as idea development, the ability to use different game-design software, and visual design. These skills will be relevant to related courses you’re currently studying, as well as future education or employment in this area. Your food and London travel costs (zones 1-6) will be covered during the project.
When it is
The project will take place over eight days between January and March, on Saturdays and over February half term.
- Saturday 26 January, 10:30–16:00
- Saturday 9 February, 10:30–16:00
- Tuesday 19 February, 10:30–16:00
- Wednesday 20 February, 10:30–16:00
- Thursday 21 February, 10:30–16:00
- Friday 22 February, 10:30–16:00
- Saturday 9 March, 10:30–16:00
- Saturday 16 March, 10:30–16:00
How to apply
Download our application form (DOCX 51kb).
Fill it out and send it along with your application activities to email@example.com by one of our deadlines:
- Early-bird deadline: Sunday 16 December at 20:00 (We’ll give out six places at this deadline and let you know if you’ve been given a place before Christmas.)
- Final deadline: Wednesday 16 January at 20:00
We’ll select a group of 15 people to take part, based on application tasks and availability. Priority will be given to people who can commit to all sessions.
What others have said about RawMinds projects
The project was very interesting and fun and the fact there was no expense or fees for all the opportunities we got is amazing
It was a lot of fun. I always really looked forward to going to the sessions in the morning, before it had actually started